Clause 137, UBBL1984 : Compartment Floor
In any building which exceeds 30 metres in height, any floor which is more than 9 metres above ground floor level which separates one storey from another storey, other than a floor which is either within a maisonette or a mezzanine floor shall be constructed as a compartment floor.
Clause 137 UBBL 1984: Compartment Floor
(1) In any building not exceeding 30 metres in height, any floor which is more than 9 metres above ground floor level which separates one storey from another storey, other than a floor which is either within a maisonette or a mezzanine floor shall be constructed as a compartment
(2) In any building exceeding 30 metres in height, all floors shall be constructed as compartment floors, other than a compartment which is within a residential maisonette which may comprise two storey levels
CLAUSE 252A UBBL 2012: Atriums in buildings
1. Minimum dimensions: 6m and 95m2
2. Exits separated from atrium
3. 1 hour FRP separation
4. Automatic sprinklers
5. Smoke control/exhaust system
It's interesting to know that there is a need to have a mezzanine floor that will be used as a compartment when the building exceeds 30 meters in height. In that case, investing in commercial material floor lifts would also be required when that is the height of your establishment. It should be useful as well for storage spaces for your property, especially when the width is not that wide as well.
Leave a Reply.
Objective of this Page:
I am contributing to the public information regarding the application of Fire Codes in the Design for Fire Safety that has been the core competency of Architects, in general. These information is for educational purpose only and shall not be taken as an advice be it legal or otherwise. You should seek proper advice to your case with the relevant professionals. The author cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information so provided here.